SL-355 - Business Component Development with Enterprise JavaBeans Technology [D65273]
- Implement business-tier functionality using EJB technology
- Describe best practices and other advanced issues in business component development with EJB technology
- Assemble and deploy EJB technology business-tier components on an application server
- Integrate an EJB technology-based application using the Java Messaging Service API
- Create and implement timer-based services
- Integrate transactions and security into an enterprise application
What you will learn
The latest release of the Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) 3.1 Technology available in the Java EE 6 platform builds on previous EJB technology and further simplifies how developers approach creating business components. EJB 3.1 makes many improvements that reflect common usage patterns, including: Singletons, No-interface view, Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI), Asynchronous Session Bean, and Timer Service.
The Business Component Development with Enterprise JavaBeans Technology, Java EE6 course provides students with the knowledge required to build robust back-end functionality using Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB[TM]) version 3.1 technology. The course provides a practical exploration of the EJB technology coding experience of session beans and message driven-beans. The course also examines EJB design, best practices, transaction management, messaging fundamentals, and security.
The course features the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 (Java EE 6) technology, and uses the Java EE 6 SDK. The students perform the course lab exercises using the NetBeans Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The hands-on lab environment uses the Java EE GlassFish v3 server.
Students who can benefit from this course
- Java Developers who are looking to build web-based and/or enterprise-based applications that incorporate EJB technology
- Java Developers who are preparing for the Sun Certified Enterprise JavaBeans Developer certification.
- Demonstrate experience with the Java programming language
- Integrate existing Java code (for example, reuse existing classes created by other team members)
- Java Programming Language, Java SE 6
- Developing Applications for the Java EE 6 Platform
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using UML
The teaching language is german. Course materials are in english.