- Write scripts that create and change scalar variables
- Use control structures to branch or loop
- Create and change array variables
- Create and change hash variables
- Read files supplied on the command line, and search the files for specific text patterns
- Execute regular expression tests, and recognize backwards referencing
- Read and write files and system processes using file handles
- Create, remove, and change directory and file properties
- Create Perl subroutines, packages, and modules and use public modules
- Create real-world administration scripts
What you will learn
The Perl Programming course is a comprehensive course that explains the Perl programming language, from basic through advanced syntax. This course is aimed at a wide range of job roles, including Programmers, System Administrators, Web Authors, and Operators. It explains how to use the Perl programming language to write quick yet powerful scripts to take advantage of Perl's system administration capabilities and issue Perl commands.
The course is taught on the Solaris Operating Environment, however the material is suitable for any operating system, including Linux, UNIX, Windows, and Mac OS.
- Application Developers
- Web Administrator